White House counselor Dan Barlett said Monday that Bush’s photographs in the company of disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff amount to a coincidence and shouldn’t be interpreted any more seriously than that.
Other photographic coincidences:
1. Picture of Abramoff putting $100 bills into Bush’s g-string with his teeth
2. Picture of Abramoff handing Bush an oversized novelty check for $1 million with memo line reading “bribe”
3. Picture of Abramoff with Bush, inscribed: “To Jackâ€”thanks for the bribe!”
4. Picture of Dan Bartlett with Bush, inscribed: “To Danâ€”thanks for lying about my sordid relationship with Jack Abramoff!”
5. Twenty year-old picture of Abramoff shaking hands with Donald Rumsfeld in Baghdad.
Update from Tom: as luck would have it, I was able to track down one of the photos Jonathan mentions. Somebody tell Drudge.