“My opponent clearly has strong beliefs they just don’t last very long.”
George W. Bush
Remarks at Fundraising Lunch
March 8, 2004
Oh, yes. Well. Here’s a post from one of Kos’s readers to knock that softball right out of the park:
Bush is against campaign finance reform; then he’s for it.
* Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he’s for it.
* Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he’s for it.
* Bush is against an Iraq WMD investigation; then he’s for it.
* Bush is against nation building; then he’s for it.
* Bush is against deficits; then he’s for them.
* Bush is for free trade; then he’s for tariffs on steel; then he’s against them again.
* Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian conflict; then he pushes for a “road map” and a Palestinian State.
* Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution.
* Bush first says he’ll provide money for first responders (fire, police, emergency), then he doesn’t.
* Bush first says that ‘help is on the way’ to the military … then he cuts benefits
* Bush-“The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-“I don’t know where he is. I have no idea and I really don’t care.
* Bush claims to be in favor of the environment and then secretly starts drilling on Padre Island.
* Bush talks about helping education and increases mandates while cutting funding.
* Bush first says the U.S. won’t negotiate with North Korea. Now he will
* Bush goes to Bob Jones University. Then say’s he shouldn’t have.
* Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would not call for a vote
* Bush said the “mission accomplished” banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later admits it was his advance team.
* Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he’s against it.
(Hat tip to Billmon for the reminder on the Bush quote.)